Are you hankering for a fake ID just for the sake of having a fake ID? Then go online and check out the many fake ID websites on the internet. There’s no shortage of website that offer fake IDs. Type ‘get a fake ID’ on Google and you’ll get thousands of results. So how do you go about choosing which sites can be trusted?
Read on and find out more about fake IDs.
Fake IDs = Novelty IDs
The politically correct (and legally correct) term for these identification cards are ‘novelty IDs’. They’re more an item to be collected for novelty purposes. They can be displayed in conspicuous places or shown to friends and acquaintances. But these identification cards should never be used to deceive organizations and other people. These novelty IDs become illegal once they are used in unlawful transactions.
How are these fake IDs different from real IDs?
You’d be surprised how similar these novelty IDs are to the real thing. They use the same kind of plastic (PVC), lamination and printing method as the real IDs. Even the security features (like the bar code) of the novelty identification cards can mimic the legit IDs. The only thing the novelty IDs can’t reproduce is the hologram security feature found on new IDs. The holograms on the fake ones are of the simplest kind, while the holograms of real IDs are retro-reflective with a sine curve.
Which Fake ID websites can you try out?
Below is a list of websites that are purported to be trustworthy. This means that what they offer are ‘novelty IDs’ (they will never use the term ‘fake ID’). You can expect to get the item you purchased. But bear in mind that you really have to try out their service before coming to conclusions. The list below is culled and recommended from several review sites, forums and blogs:
- NYfakes–this site operates in the US and sells novelty IDs of 20 states in the US. Before shipping the order, NYfakes sends out a picture of the novelty ID to the client for proofing. In order to access the website, you need to email them first. To find their email address, you can type NYfakesXXX into your search box and get their email ad from the results.
- Really Good Fakes—hit the link and you’ll find that this site has added 5 new states to its novelty ID menu. They have upped their service because they used to only offer a NY ID. Their ID is of good quality, but it’s for novelty at best. Their hologram is a dead giveaway; but it’s not bad for a novelty item.
- Open ID—this site offers US, Canada and Australia novelty IDs. They probably have the most types of novelty IDs on offer. To make sure you’re fully satisfied with their product, they send you a picture of the ID for proofing before they charge you.
- ID League—they don’t have a website, but they have an email where you can send your order. They have an array of several US state IDs to choose from. Click this link if you’re interested to know the email address.
How to Spot a Fake ID Website Scam
There are a lot of sites out there who are just after your money but won’t send you any novelty ID. Below is a list of things to look out for:
- Don’t trust fake ID sites advertised on message boards and forums.
- You should be suspicious when they ask you pay through Western Union (or other money transfer companies).
- Web sites whose IP addresses are from the US or Canada. These 2 countries deem the production of novelty IDs as illegal. So if you’re transacting with a website from these countries, there’s a good chance that they’re just scamming you.
- Never order from a site who demands payment up front without showing you a mock design of your novelty ID.
We hope we were able to enlighten you on the subject of fake ID websites. Find out more about novelty IDs by clicking on the websites in the above list. Just be careful when doing transactions with them.