A great number of people want to know how to become an FBI agent in real life. For sure, they find the life of an FBI quite exciting since they experience it through playing video games or watching popular movies/TV series. Although it is true that an FBI agent’s life is exciting and adventurous, you must know that pursuing a career like this requires a lot of qualifications and training.
Learn how to become an FBI agent with the specifications and qualifications stated below:
Qualifications of an FBI Agent
- To be qualified, the applicant must be 23 and not more than 37 years of age when applying for an FBI agent position.
- The applicant should be a US citizen.
- An applicant who wants to be an FBI agent should hold a minimum Bachelors degree or any 4 year course.
- The applicant should be physically fit and able to complete the training needed.
- He or she should be able to handle all types of firearms, and has the ability to fight and defend himself or others.
- The applicant should not have any previous conviction or loans unpaid.
- They must also pass the drug test to assure that they have no history of illegal drugs or steroids in their body.
- Applicants should be willing to commit to a 3 year contract before accepting their employment.
Criminal Record Check
The FBI conducts a rigurous backgorund check on all applicants. If you’ve ever been convicted of any drug offenses, DUI, or purchased an ID from any fake ID sites then unfortunately you probably will not be eligible.
There are also exams that they have to take and pass, as these are also part of the requirements. There are a lot of ways on how to become an FBI agent. An application letter is one of the most important things that they should present in the FBI office.
This should contain all of your basic information — even your parent’s present home address. Your previous jobs and volunteer works should also be included in your application letter, as well.
All applicants will be evaluated after all the tests and results are reviewed. Expect that there will be an extensive background check done about you and your family.
There are people who will rate your test results based on the answers that you have written. If you are one of the those who passed on the first phase of the process, you will then be invited to answer another application form.
Like most of the company interviews, you will be subjected to a one-on-one interview. This is more of a personality test that will show if you are mentally and emotionally fit for this career. There are several phases to go through before you will be accepted. Once accepted, you will be sent to Quantico, VA for the intensive field training. Usually, the training here lasts for 16 weeks.
After the training, you are ready to work as an FBI agent. However, part of the job is for you to be assigned to another place where you are not familiar so to eliminate instances wherein you will favor family or friends.
The phases and processes in joining the FBI career are tedious and challenging. Thus, only the best applicants are chosen and approved to be part of this elite team.
There are a lot of tests and screening that you have to pass. Only a few will be accepted into the job for this is not an easy job to take in the first place.
You can visit some verified sites on the internet for you to see the stages and methods of hiring on how to become an FBI agent.